Requirements for Marriage in the State of Tennessee
- The licenses are good for 30 days in any state or country.
- There are no blood tests and no waiting period.
- A valid driver license, picture ID, or a certified birth certificate is needed.
- Proof of social security number is needed unless applicant has never been issued a social security number.
- Both parties have to be present unless one is incarcerated or incapacitated.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Marriage requirements for juveniles 16 or 17 years of age:
- Both parents must be present at time of application.
- The natural parents must present a picture ID & child’s Birth Certificate.
- Juveniles under 16 years of age must have a court order.
The price is $40.00 with premarital counseling.
The price is $100.00 without premarital counseling.
Copies of Marriage Certificates may be obtained at the County Clerk’s office or by mail for $5.00 each.
The mailing address is listed below.