Office Service – Notary Public
- Notary Public are elected by the County Commission to a four year term. The notarized application must be received at least 10 days prior to the County legislative body meeting. Once approved for notary you must bring a $10,000.00 bond from an insurance company or if you are using personal sureties (these must be TN property owners we need their names and the address of their property. I will call you when your commission is received from Nashville. The Personal Sureties must sign the Notary Bond book before you can pick up your Commission. The applicant’s bond must include a statement reflecting that the bond is in effect for the duration of the Notary term, a four year term or contain a correct expiration date. For applicable dates, click here.
- The Notary Public applicant must appear in person to sign the record book and receive the seal after the 10 day waiting period from the date of the Commission approval.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The fee for a new Notary Applicant sis $47.00. This fee covers the cost of the Commission Certificate issued by the Secretary of State and the cost of the new ink stamp. A change in the law requires that all stamps be in a color other than black.
- For renewal Notaries that have the current ink stamp (other than black), the fee is $14.00 which covers the cost for the Certificate of Commission from the Secretary of State.